It doesn't matter how old you are. Changing and establishing new routines is tough. That's the space I've been in lately with the first full month of school with one child on the autism spectrum and one neurotypical child, work as well as job hunting, and a whole lot of life on top of that. And with this, my crafting to do list is growing like crazy. I am more thankful than ever to have my yarn, hooks and needles to help me get through the stress that happens to come my way.
For the past week or so, I've continued to work on the never ending baby blanket which is starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm about halfway through the last ball! YAY!!! My goal is to finish it this week. Then, while at the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival, my friend, Deb, was thinking of trying to make socks. I said that she should, and decided I would as well! We chose yarn from KnitCircus and I couldn't wait to cast on. I just finished them yesterday and will give you more details soon. I'm so excited with sock season just around the corner!
This past weekend, I attended the wedding of my dear friend's daughter in the city. It was all sorts of absolutely beautiful. The next day before we ventured home and after a trip to Do-Rite Donuts, my husband graciously agreed to take me to Sister Arts Studio for a bit of yarn perusing. Let me tell you...it was VERY difficult to exercise restraint. I was tempted by the skeins of Grinning Gargoyle, Fyberspates, and Malabrigo Rios. Okay...who am I kidding...I touched everything Malabrigo in the shop. And with every weight, I was drawn to their new Aniversario colorway. I caved and bought a skein of Sock. I haven't quite decided yet if it will truly be a pair of socks or or something else. But I'm very much in love with these colors!
So here is my to do list as it stands right now for my hooks and needles and yarn habit (in no particular order):
1. Finish the never ending baby blanket once and for all before the baby graduates college.
2. Finish, photograph, and catalog all of my finished projects that are staring at me, tapping their little ends in disbelief that I've abandoned their finishing.
3. Write up the second half of a pattern that's a matched set (seriously...not sure how I let this one hang for so long).
4. Make it out to Elgin Knit Works to get my Yarn Crawl button...and look at yarn.
5. Crochet hats for two of my favorite little girls and their mama, too. And maybe their brother (not ambitious at all).
6. Work on my super secret project with two super awesome friends (nope...not telling you more than that).
7. Clean out project bags and see which ones aren't really being used (so I can fill them with more projects).
8. Begin another crochet project that will be a gift because I'm itching to play with the yarn.
9. Be better at posting and chatting it up with all of you!!! (All for obvious reasons.) :)
And this is all on top of my day to day life list.
Yes...I understand that my ambition is running over. I know that I won't finish all of these goals, but I will be happy if I touch each one at least once. That will mean some progress!
Let the new week begin!!
What does your current goal list look like? Share it with me on Facebook and Instagram!